This checklist is for the Live@edu to Office 365 for education transition, with FIM agent and Single sign-on using federation.
- Create a testdomain.
- Add a public domain, such as test.yourdomain.com.
- Configure the FIM agent for the test domain and create a few accounts. Make sure the UPN is the same in your AD as in Office 365 (e.g. test.yourdomain.com).
- Set up SSO with ADFS or Shibboleth.
- Verify the functionality.
- Upgrade the Live@edu domain.
- Make sure the UPN is correct for the upgraded users or fix it with Powershell.
- Switch the FIM agent to the former Live@edu domain.
- Configure the federation for the former Live@edu domain.
- Kill the test domain.
Most of this information is collected at the community, and it is recommended to read the section about Single sign-on.